These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentines Swap!

If you read my blog, you know I participate in a blog swap for holidays. Well, we couldn't leave V-day out! I've been waiting by my door all week and it finally came today! And just so you know, it wasn't late, I was just super anxious. I found the package in my mail box this afternoon and had to restrain myself from opening it until tonight at church so my friend Mandy could take pics of me opening it. That might sound really weird to some of you, but everyone involved in the swap knows what I'm talkin about. It has to be well documented. So, without further a due....
WOW! I love it! The apron is totally me! And I just commented on someone else's blog that I need some of those spatulas and low and behold, look what I got! And that big one, well can you believe how awesome that is. It will double nicely as Mr. DoRight. Watch out my sweet little angels, mama's got a new spanking device! No, I'm just kidding, my children are PERFECT! They will LOVE the heart shaped pancakes I'm going to whip up on V-day in my new apron. Thank you sooooo much Glenda! I absolutely loved it all!
And for all of you asking, Are those guitars on her shirt? And is there a red stripe in her hair? Yes, both are correct. We got RockBand 2 for Christmas and I am now a Rock Star. So if I don't answer the phone when you call, you might think I'm changing a dirty diaper, doing educational crafts with my children, reading them books or feeding them, but really I'm on tour in my living room rockin out. Don't judge me until you've played!
I have added a poll to the right. Please vote on what color I should have done with my hair on Friday. I love having something different done with it!

11 comments:

Denise said...

Cute Angela. I love your gifts and your post. I bet it was hard to wait until you got to church to open your gift.

Love the Mr. DoRight comment. That was funny. That spatula does have a nice large flat surface---just perfect, if you know what I mean.

Also, funny about you on tour in your living room.

Denise said...

BTW, If Mandy took the picuters at church. Who took the picture by the stove? Tyson?

Angela said...

Ha! No, Derek did. And he refused to let me take a pic of him with the apron on.

Happy Four said...

Angela, LOVE what you got...you got some great gifts in the swap. I love this swap thing!

Glenda said...

Angela,
So glad you like you swap. When you dont know someone you just have to pray it is right. Have a blessed week.
Love,
Glenda

Donna said...

Cute kitchen accessories! I love the spatula:) You'll have fun cooking for your kids with that stuff.

Rose said...

Ha ha !! You are funny! We got rock band for Christmas too. So I totally know what you are talking about. cute stuff and Aprons are in for Valentines day. I have been stalking my mailbox all morning!

Dolly said...

Cute Angela! I love all these festive aprons everyone is getting. Aprons really must be in these days. I know your kids will love their festive mommy on V-day when you're whipping up those pancakes for them. GOod job Glenda!

Also, Rose....my mom said she sent your gift yesterday so you should be receiving it soon! :) Just a little update for you.

Jennifer said...

Now c'mon Angela...tell your husband to suck it up and take a picture with the apron on...everybody's doing it! :)

Those are great gift! Glenda did a great job. And I was thinking before I read your post that I liked your funky shirt! :)

Unknown said...

Great job, mom! Love it all. Angela, your kids will be so lucky on V Day. You are a hoot. Love you T-Shirt and I won't knock RS till I try it. BTW, your weight loss is VERY impressive! You go, girl. Talk about motivation. :)

Momofgirls said...

What a cute little homemaker you look like with your goodies! When I have made an awesome meal or baked cookies or gotten through the WHOLE 5 hours of ironing I like to call myself P-31. (Proverbs 31) You might want to try it! HaHaHa... see if you get the same "eye rolls" that I do!