These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Reunion Ohio Trip

We're home! Our trip was great! My dad, me and the 2 boys went to Ohio for dad's family reunion. On our way up, we stopped in Maggie Valley, NC at a relative's cabin. We will be going back there for a week in a couple months when Derek can go with us. The boys were great in the van. Tyson watched Cars about 58 times. I tried to interest him in another movie, but he just wanted Cars. Whatever kept him happy was fine with me. Tyler had his own dvd player too, thank you Ed & Tina! It was a life saver a couple times! He watched Praise Baby. I would go sit in the back and nurse Tyler every 4 hours and dad and I would take turns going back and feeding him food. We stopped at a few rest stops and played soccer, a few Cracker Barrels and ate, and a few Starbucks for a pick me up. We were in the van for a total of 42 hours on the whole trip! Yuck! We stayed with my aunt Carol and unlce Dave in Ohio. They live on a beautiful old farm. They have a big red barn, an old chicken coupe, and several other old white buildings I'm not sure what are. The land is beautifully landscaped with lots of trees and flowers. I was in picture heaven! I took about 700. I had to go buy another memory card! Tyson loved it there. We stayed upstairs and just let him go up and down whenever he wanted. Sorry mom! He loved all the land too! He ran like Forest Gump! He loved playing T-Ball too! The actual reunion was at dad's cousin Bud's house. Again, beautiful property! It was nice to see relatives and meet new ones.

Here's some of the not so good things that happened:

*The new car top carrier broke before we got out of Florida and we had to pull over on the side of 75 and put everything from the top into the van.

*My black flip flops that I was going to wear almost everyday, broke on the way up.

*Breakfast at the rest stop that was supposed to be wonderful, was horrible. We didn't bring everything we needed and the flies were so thick I couldn't see to eat my egg, off the skillet because we didn't bring plates.

*I apparently ran a red light in Georgia because there was a ticket with a picture of my van in the mail when we got home. We need those cameras at Veterans and 41!

*I left all my shower stuff in North Carolina on the way up to Ohio. Shampoo, conditioner, face wash, body wash, deodorant, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, tweezers, and the boys shampoo and wash. And my jewelry except my wedding rings, Thank God!

Poor dad was introduced to hotel hell, Tyler's constant need to be held, and my need for major help. I was stressed because of the burden we were on him, but he says we weren't and he would do it all again, just give him a week to rest up first! All in all, the trip went well and was fun. I'm looking forward to our week in Orlando with Derek and our week in North Carolina with Derek. We miss him a lot! We got home Thursday and he got home Friday. He worked Saturday and left again Sunday. We're anxiously awaiting his arrival home on Friday. He is a wonderful husband and father. We couldn't do it without him! Well, I hope you like the pics!













The corn is doing well this year. Knee high by July!

Some of our Amish Family




2 comments:

Mimi said...

Beautiful pictures! I feel almost like I'm there when I look at them.

Denise said...

You are a trooper! I don't think I would have taken a trip like that with anyone other than Danny! And I think I would have flown!

Love the pictures. Beautiful property!

Just about 48 hours and your man will be home!