These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Turning 30's not so bad.

I'm What?! 30!!! I can't believe it! It was weird turning 30. Age has never affected me before, but 30 was a little scary. I think I'm over it now though. I'm going to split this post up into a few posts. It's just too much for one. So all week, I was ready for a surprise party. I did my hair and makeup every day and wore decent clothes. Every day, I thought for sure it was gonna happen. I received my first birthday present on Sunday. Now presents aren't everything, but they sure do take your mind off your age! My mom brought a gift over for Tyson and Tyler to give me. 3 pairs of earrings! Which I needed! As most of you know, we got robbed Christmas before last and all my jewelry was taken. So, I have one pair of earrings now and they got left in North Carolina with all my toiletries a few weeks ago. So the earrings were a great gift! Monday, Derek's grandmother came over and helped me clean and organize my house! Tuesday night Derek surprised me while I was getting the boys ready for bed, he was making me smores. We have never made these before. I was very impressed with his homemade chocolate! I was shocked when I walked out. Wednesday was my actual birthday. My mom made a delicious roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, and Texas sheet cake. Mom and dad gave me a beautiful necklace and matching earrings. Thursday I didn't really get anything, so I am considering the nice shirt my sister got me for my birthday earlier this month, as my present for Thursday. I wore it on Sunday. Friday was my yearly birthday dinner at DaRuMa's in Sarasota. It's a Japanese Steakhouse where they cook in front of you. I Love it! I look forward to it all year! That's where the fun began! More later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! Wait just a minute missy... Your FIRST birthday gift was from your sister earlier in the month! It DOES NOT count as Thursday's gift. It counts AS YOUR FIRST GIFT!

Brandy said...

Happy birthday-we will celebrate Friday!!!Are we still on?

Denise said...

Happy belated birthday! Smore's!!! Love them. We have not made them in awhile due to Medizone! Yummy!

sara said...

I love it when my birthday lasts the whole week. I'll have to try that Japanese steakhouse. I've never heard of it.