These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Sweet Suite Life!

Summer & Reppard picked Derek and I up Friday night for my birthday dinner. Tim, Heather, Sara & Robby met us up there. When it was time to leave, Summer & Rep said they weren't coming over to our house so we could just ride in the van with Tim, Heather, Sara & Robby. Tim passed the on ramp heading south and got on 75 north. I told him he was going the wrong way. I thought maybe we were going to University Pkwy or something. No, we passed it. Derek finally told me we were going to Tampa. He planned this awesome surprise trip. We were going to stay at a really nice hotel, the girls were going to see the live simulcast of Beth Moore Saturday morning and then we were going to meet up and go to lunch and see an Imax movie. So right away I ask, "who packed for me?" He did. I'm lovin the surprise trip, but my mind is racing about what he packed for me to wear, my makeup, my pillow, my face wash, etc. He got input from my mom on what outfit to pack. It definitely wouldn't have been my pick, sorry mom. I've only worn the shirt once. It's a little bit thin and my bust, well, busts out, so I wear a tank under it. The tank didn't get packed. They packed my jean shorts too. I wouldn't have picked them to go see Beth Moore in, but they were fine. If you want to see the outfit, it's the one I wore to Islands of Adventure three posts ago. I would have thought they would have packed a couple outfits to choose from, but that's ok. Sara had a tank I could borrow. Yes, I know what you're thinking. How in the world did Sara's tank fit me! It was one of those stretchy ribbed ones, Thank God! Before I went to bed, I decided to check and see what all makeup was packed. None! My makeup wasn't packed at all. Derek thought mom got it and mom thought Derek got it! Instead of telling Derek we had to leave right away, I sucked it up and used Heather's. My pillow wasn't along for the trip. So I didn't sleep well. When I got out of the shower the next morning, I didn't have anything to comb my hair with and no deodorant to put on. So Derek had to go down to Tim and Heather's room and borrow a comb along with the makeup. Other than that, it was a perfect trip! Just a word of advice girls, make a list of things to pack for a surprise trip. I have a list on the computer titled, "Things to take on a trip" But I guess Derek didn't know that. I love surprises, so it was all worth it! The Westin hotel was fabulous! Derek had upgraded us to a suite and it was bigger than any apartment we ever had. It was so big, it had to have a guest bath! And the view was beautiful! It overlooked the channel and the bay! I wish we could have stayed longer! Anyway, we got there around 11pm, got settled and then walked about 5 miles to get ice cream at Cold Stone. Maybe that's a small exaggeration, but it felt like it. We were practically running because they closed at 12. We got there with 5 mins to spare and I had the best ice cream I've ever had in my life! Chocolate cake batter ice cream with chunks of real brownie and coconut and caramel. It was like german choc cake. Yum! We rode the rails on the way back. The trolley! The next morning, Heather, Sara and I found our way to a church in Tampa to watch the live Beth Moore simulcast. It was wonderful! She spoke right to me! When that was over, Derek guided us over the phone to the nearest Firehouse to pick up lunch. There were a few u turns, but we finally made it! We took it back to the suite, ate, checked out, and headed down the rode to see Black Night on the IMAX. We paid for parking and got in line to buy tickets. Sold out! So we saw the regular movie half an hour later. Great movie! All in all, it was a wonderful surprise and a great birthday! Derek and friends did a great job pulling it off. Thank you all!!! I would put pics up of the trip, but no one had their cameras. Darn!

No comments: