These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Friday, September 5, 2008

$1 movie rentals

Ok. Does everyone know about Redbox? It is soooo cool! We have PayPer View and it's horrible. We never get to sit down and watch a movie, but we had time to one night this week. So, I looked at Pay Per View and there were about 10 choices and nothing good. We settled on one of their stinky movies and then couldn't sit down to start watching at exactly the right time. So we were out of luck. No movie for us. I know Video On Demand is sooooo much better. Mom and dad have that. There are a million choices and you can start the movie whenever you want and pause it when the phone rings and rewind it when you didn't hear what they said. But for those of us not fortunate enough to have Video On Demand, there is the Redbox. My cousin first told me about this a month ago but I had forgotten about it. A friend reminded me of it last night. It's this big red vending machine with movies in it. How cool is that? Supposedly they are popping up everywhere. I think the only one in North Port is at Walmart. But I read that McDonald's are getting them too. So, I went online, reserved a movie, paid $1.07 with my debt card, and Derek went to pick it up. He stuck his card in the machine and it spit out the movie! You have to return it the next day by 9pm or they charge you another $1. But it would take a few days to rack up enough charges to equal a pay per view or video on demand. We will definitely be doing this more often! Here are some pics of the kids. Tyler loves Hannah just as much as Tyson did when he was little and still does.


Tyson baking my grandma's famous cookies

I'm trying to teach the boys to work together to get the house work done

Tyler started saying mama a couple weeks ago. I was very happy since Tyson said dada first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet... what good pictures. I played the video at work, hoping someone would hear it so I could show off how cute my nephews are, but noone asked. :(

Denise said...

Very sweet! I have been out of town for a while and I am just getting caught up on the blogs.

Tyler looks so big on the video!