These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!

As I sit here at midnight, today seems a blur. You know when you have an appointment that you have to rearrange your whole day in order to make it on time? That was today. Tyson, my 2 year old, usually goes down for a nap around 1 or 2. We had a hair appointment today at 2:30 in Sarasota. Now, this isn't just any old hair appointment. This is with my stylist who I have been using for at least 10 years and I have to book all my appointments a year ahead of time or I can't get in with her. So, think about a year ago. Tyson was 1 and we were on a totally different schedule. But it's not like I can just call and reschedule. My blondish hair would be half darkish and half fading blondish by the time I could get another appointment. Hopefully I'm not the only one who isn't really sure what color her hair is. Anyway, I had to put Tyson down early and he didn't want to go. So, he cried for a while before he fell asleep. He usually sleeps about 2 hours. Today we had to wake him up after about an hour. He wasn't happy. He was crying and I was flying around the house trying to get everything we needed to take with us. Sippy cups full of juice, snacks, nobody has had lunch yet, diapers, baby food for Tyler, medicine, they aren't feeling well, find Tyson's shoes, etc. As I grabbed the jars of baby food, one fell and shattered on the tile floor. I may have cussed at this point. No, I'm a minister's wife, I didn't cuss. As I was trying to get dressed, with Tyler, my 8 month old, crawling after me and trying to climb up my legs, my chest was tightening and I felt as if I were going to start screaming or crying or both. Does anyone else have this much trouble getting out the door? The night did end well though. Derek and I went to a private viewing of Fireproof. It was a great movie about marriage! I think it comes out Sept. 26th. Everyone should go see it not only to see a great movie, but to support the wonderful men and women of God who made it. More about the movie later.

No comments: