These are actual events from my life. Please feel free to laugh or cry, I do!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feelin Crafty

In order to get us in the mood for fall, one of my friends organized a Fall Swap with her fellow bloggers. There are 18 of us participating. The rules were to make or buy 4 small gifts coinciding with the letters F-A-L-L. The gifts plus postage were supposed to cost $25 or less. I only knew about 3 people involved and word around the blog was that there were some pretty crafty cats out there. So the search was on for 4 really creative gifts. The sign up came to an end and the names were drawn. I got one of my friends sisters. The pressure was almost too much! So here's what I finally came up with.

F-Family napkin holders



A-All occasion handmade cards


L-Lighted Monograms


L-Luscious Homemade Caramel Sauce


I finished the other initial for the lighted monograms and shipped them off to my Fall Swap friend. She was happy with everything! Shew! It was definitely a fun way to get in the fall spirit! I can't wait to receive my gifts! I will put pics on the blog as soon as I get them! My mind is already racing for the winter swap.

But that's not where it ends. Still feeling crafty, I decided to try a decoration I had seen on another fall swapper's blog. She had a picture of her fall decorations on her blog and I just couldn't help myself. I went to Micheals, got what I needed, and worked for a couple hours. I was pretty happy with the outcome. It's more of a Halloween decoration. Here's my rendition.



The blogger I got the idea from has a website with some cute stuff on it. Check it out. www.hogwashdesigns.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So, clearly, you were ignoring your children while you were doing those pumpkins! They look great! FYI... the kids need baths and they need to be fed.

Angela said...

I did them AFTER the kids went to bed! I was ignoring Derek, for your information!

Mimi said...

I'm gonna be looking for some of those beautiful napkin holders with my name on them this Christmas!

sara said...

Cute stuff Angela! You inspired me to try for myself. I just made myself a "logan" pumpkin and it came out really good. I love the napkin holders and cards too. I had packed away all my Stampin Up stuff before Georgia was born. I had so much fun bringing it all back out though to make Donna's cards. Besides I spent way too much money on Stampin Up not to use it all :)

Denise said...

I love your pumkins! Very cute! You did a good job. Seriously.